Monday, December 30, 2013

Grand Targhee!!





Sean and I had a blast in at Grand Targhee Resort in Wy. We snowboarded for four days straight. Even though we didn't have mass amounts of powder we did have massive amounts of fun. We pulled in just hours after the sky had dropped 12 inches of powder, but before we had time to make it on the hill it was completely tracked out. We took one run and couldn't find a groomer it was a little rough... You know calf burning rough. :)

We went to x-mass dinner at the lodge and had a great experience with their four course meal. I had the sturgeon and Sean had the steak. I had never had sturgeon before and I don't think that I will ever be my top choice but it was good. Thick like a steak, yet flaky like fish. It came with the cutest little dessert and also LOTS of wine.

We saw a local Boise band there called Stoneseed. They were different, I really enjoyed their sound. I was surprised that I live in Boise and had never heard of them.  The violinist was hard to watch due to her constant angry look on her face. If she hadn't been dancing I would have thought she hated her own music. I am excited to listen to the CD we got.

My snowboarding is getting a lot better. Every time I go out it gets a little  easier to trust that my body really does know how to do this. I think it is funny how much of snowboarding is a mental gain. When I learned to board it was easy, I was just naturally good at it. After a couple knee surgeries and a lot of cancer later I wasn't feeling very awesome on the hill.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Good for you. It sounded masses of fun.
    Wishing you all a Happy New Year with abounding health!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete