Sunday, November 6, 2011

10.6.20011


Radiation and Real Estate.


                Sorry I have been so vacant lately. I have been in a Real Estate course all week; gearing back up to make some sales! The market here seems to be very different from the market that is all over the t.v. every day. Our market is growing and housing under 120k is going quick. The average house going on the market is only staying on the market for less than 30 days. So if you have a home in 120 range selling might not be a bad plan.
      I don’t talk about my childhood much but if you didn’t already know I grew up in Real Estate I think it is in my core. I have had a active Real Estate License since I was 18 and my parents owned a Real Estate company from the time I was 5. So, to say that I know this market may be understatement. I have seen it go through 20 years of changes and it is still changing. Growing up it all seemed very easy and now I look back on how often it was a struggle and forget that life as a Broker is hard work. I am grateful to my parents for their struggles and what they taught me.
      Real Estate is one of two things either emotional or practical. People are very strange when it comes to making large life purchases and sells. You are either an emotional seller or a numbers person. It goes the same way for buyers. Some fall in love and don’t even see the faults and other look close and see all of the faults. I am not sure if either is right but, I do know the non-emotional ones seem to be happier in the long term.
      I am looking forward to becoming more active again. I enjoy the hunt and the payout when a buyer buys their first home or their last home. I think that phycology and real estate go hand and hand.
     

Maybe all this will take my mind of cancer for a while.  It has been on my mind a lot lately. They have found a “new” tumor right outside my lower intestinal track. It is not a good looking on either. I am worried that we are taking chances by doing radiation instead of surgery. I fear that waiting is going to give it time to spread and grow but, I need to stay positive being in this trail has made me a ginny pig but, it has also saved my life.
      I have class again all week and rad in the morning before. So I may be tired later.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am surprised about the market there. It's rough here.

    Thank you for your sweet and thoughtful comment!

    Argh! about the tumor. You must go with your core on what to do. xxamy

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the point of view of the buyer..... it can be a very nerve wracking thing..... My son hopes to move into his *new* home on Friday but they are keeping him on edge and he doesn't know for sure if the contracts can be signed in time and theres always the possibility that one of the chain will drop out and ruin everything.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete