Monday, September 5, 2011

During Construction of the temple
    

     We are home from burning man! I know I was way to busy to update you much leading up to the burn  but, we settled back in at home and now I have some time.        
     As always the burn has left me with mixed emotions. I struggled at the bun this year more than normal. I had my medication changed before heading to Burning Man. ( I really should have known better) I had emotional crisis's for the first few days while my meds peaked and dropped. So that was not great. 
    However, the rest of the burn was wonderful. We saw amazing art structures built and burned to the ground. I find it funny that everyone thinks that Burning Man is a hippie drug festival when in fact it is more of a art and music festival.  Yes, you can find anything at Burning Man drugs, sex, and a lot of other things that I never sought out. I am sure some go for these activities but, I go for the temple, art, love, and family. It is one of the only places in the world where I feel more connected to my spiritual side. 
     I sat for hours at the temple reading peoples messages. It is amazing how people poor the hearts out for one week; working, building, letting go of emotion, and finding them selves. The burn pulls everything from my heart and lays it out to be seen. The truth that is so apparent at the burn is hidden here because there is NO judgment there. It doesn't matter what you have done, believe, do outside of the city. For that week you are just you and that came be anyone. 
        That is all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bit puzzled by this post as I have no idea what *the burn* is/was. I can only guess some kind of festival.
    Glad you got a lot out of it.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete