Friday, October 21, 2011

The community I love


                I don’t know if I give my community enough praise for all of the amazing things that they do. They are truly selfless in many ways. The Burning Man community goes beyond what is ever expected of them.
       This community has a reach that could give to the moon. This weekend they are throwing a fundraiser for another woman in the community with cancer. They are holding a silent auction to help her raise money to go to the Gershan center.  The Gershan center is an Organic Cancer center. They try and heal cancer through diet instead of killing you with chemo.
       It makes me proud to have a group of people that stand tall by others when they are falling apart. They are an amazing artistic group that will hold fundraisers, parties, and meeting in order to help a person move forward with their life.  I find peace with the knowledge that my community will be there to hold me up too.
       I am humbled by the generosity of our community that fill my heart with joy. That has made a community into a family that I am proud to have. I am grateful for the family that I have been able to be part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment