Sunday, November 14, 2010

Welcome to the top.

     Sometimes getting to the top is only half the adventure. Coming down is a new adventure all on its own.  I have found that pushing my body to do thing that it has never done is not the hard part. Coming down from those places are.
      I went hiking in Moab in hopes of climbing six shooters. The approach was a challenge that I did not know if I was ready for.  I made it all the way to the top. The picture above was taken half way up the mountain.  Coming down was twice as hard as my knees gave out under the pressure of my forty pound pack. I am going to have to work on my down hill climbing skills that last mile was brutal.
       I also found myself jumping out of a plane. The way up not so bad... getting out of the plane well... like I said down is a lot different. Falling was irremediable a feeling that is indescribable. I am amazed everyday by what there is out there to feel... Yet so many choose to feel nothing.  I went to City Of Rocks after and climbed my first real rock. I slambed myself ten ways to side ways and still made it to the top. I admit I did not exactly have a good time. It was rough going but, I am happy I did it. I enjoyed every moment of it with out having a good time.  I do not know how this is possible but, it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment