Friday, July 22, 2011

For Jon


For Jon


        Your strength, your love, your amazing look on life has made an impact that words cannot describe. I am here hoping that your last moments are calm, peaceful, and with all the love that the world has. I am saddened to lose you from my life. You have given me so much hope for my own. I am braver because of you; Jon.  I look at the months, years, decades with hope and joy for time I have been given.
     I am thankful that I was able to see the all the love that you gave out. I am thankful for being able to be part of your family. I am thankful that you were so close when I needed directions through my own heart. I cry for my loss tonight. I hope you’re not in pain. I hope that you are in peace. I hope that you are happy. You had so much to give and you let that shine for so long.
        I spoke with Anita today; we stood in the park throwing ball for Ben talking about life. Talking about her life; treading water around yours. Until the moment we connected and stood there and cried holding each other. It was hard to see her so worried about you. As we spoke I realized again what true love was. The tears in her eyes were not for her; they were for you. She is amazing not that you didn’t know that already. I will try and be some kind of support for her. I will try and help her through all the hard times.
        I love you Jon. Rest well.

1 comment: