Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dinner and a auction.


Ignore the odd look on my face... Notice the nice looking blonde wig atop my head.
Sean came home from work the other night wanting to go out to dinner to celebrate feeling better and a rough day at work being over. We got a reservation at the wonderful Barryhill. If you live near Boise, Idaho then it is one of the top places to go eat. The service is wonderful, wonderful, did I say wonderful?  We drank a full bottle of wine that was to die for; Clos Du Val Merlot. I will not tell you it was the best wine I have ever tasted but, it was tasty. We spent two wonderful hours dinning out, holding hands, and just catching up. Our week had been out of control busy aka.. I was out of control grumpy.  
      I love dinner dates with Mr. Wonderful. He couldn't make a girl feel better. There are some days where you just NEED to feel like the bell at the ball. That night I did...even managed myself a massage later. 
Notice the flannel?

Friday was a riot! I met up with my family and went to the cattle auction. My dad has been getting a few cows to graze on his land every year to keep the grass down. So, dad was off to the auction to price out some baby calves.  I had not been to the auction in a long time and completely forgot how fogien they seem. Every one in flannels, boots, and cow boy hats. I almost thought I had fallen into HBO's Deadwood. 1885 here I am; bald, in converse, and my gray wool coat. I did not fit in well and they weren't shy about showing it. I don't know if many of you have been to a auction but, it is so much fun. The weighing, bidding, talking, upset cattle, banter, and of course the auctioneer. Auctioneers are a amazing bread all by themselves talking so fast you have to listen with all your might just to hear ever third word. I love the excitement. If I was going to have a addiction problem I don't think it would have been gambling but maybe auctions. They get my heart pumping and everyone seems so excited when a bidding war gets started. I love it.  
  
   Did I mention Sean and I are going to get a little cow all our own to graze at papa's? Sure am. I am going to be the proud owner of a cow or maybe two soon!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Good way to fill the freezer too! *wink - yeah, I'm totally a country girl - been to many of auctions. I did 4-H and high school rodeoed... come to find out - I'm really a city-girl at heart. Have a fabulous week girl! Hugs, SJ

    ps. LOVE the new background!

    ReplyDelete