Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday Snowboarding!

   
Taking a break on the back side of Bogus


Sunday we slept in till 9:30 which at our house is pretty normal yet I am always happy when it happens. It makes me smile because I have never been one to sleep in very often until I met Sean. I was always more of a 7 am or earlier riser. These days I am lucky if I am out of bed by 8:30 and I love it. I love the extra cuddling time and sleeping time. It makes my days a lot easier when they start off so LAZY and perfect.
   Sean and I got up and got ready to head out for a day of snowboarding. I haven't felt up to snowboarding in weeks which makes me incredibly sad. Snowboarding is one of the few activities that make me feel truly alive. I love being out in the cold mountains, feeling the wind, and being able to be active. I had two knee surgeries a couple years back and it has taken me up until this year to get the hang of snowboarding again. Becoming a confident snowboarder again has given back a lot to me. I owe a lot of that to Sean's constant help and encouragement to get better and trust my body to be able to handle it. Now snowboarding is a constant way of showing myself that I am not always sick. That my body is still strong and capable of being a serious snowboarder. It may have taken half the season to get back in the driver seat on my board but, the feeling it has given me in return is breathe taking. I love how I feel as I fly down a hill. I love that I still enjoy it after 15 years on a snowboard; that the feeling is always there. The need to experience it every year is just as strong as it was the first year. 
   I know that my body is not as strong as it used to be; being able to push it still means I am stronger than I think I am. Everyday there are reminders that I am still strong and I  am still living the life I have always wanted to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment